The Flin Flon Bombers added a new crop of prospects during Thursday’s SJHL Draft.
Round 1, 10th Overall – Leo Seitz, F, Saskatoon Blazers U18 AAA
- Seitz, an ’07-born left winger, becomes just the second top-four SJHL Draft pick for the Bombers since 2018 when the team selected Jayden Wiens. The 5-foot-11, 160-pound Saskatoon, Saskatchewan native posted 7 goals and 10 assists in 44 regular season games for the SMAAAHL Champions, Saskatoon Blazers. Seitz had 81 points in just 31 games during the 2021-2022 season and was selected by the WHL’s Tri-City Americans in the fourth round.
Round 2, 19th Overall – Benett Leibel, D, Saskatoon Riverkings U18 AA
- Leibel, an ’07-born right-handed defenceman, is selected with the 2023 second-round pick acquired from the Estevan Bruins during the 2022 SJHL Draft. He logged 7 goals and 18 assists in 33 regular season games, plus 18 points in 14 playoff games. Leibel will be suiting up for the Saskatoon Contacts U18 AAA program this upcoming season.
Round 2, 22nd Overall – Hudson Brehaut, F, RHA Winnipeg U16
- Brehaut, an ’07-born forward, was nearly a goal-a-game player for RHA in 2022-2023, netting 25 goals in 34 regular season games. The RHA Winnipeg U16 Program dominated the CSSHL going 32-2-1 and capped off the season winning the CSSHL U16 Prep Western Championships.
Round 4, 38th Overall – Eric Han, F, Tisdale Trojans U18 AAA
- Han, an ’07-born forward, comes to the Bombers by way of a fourth-round pick acquired from the Kindersley Klippers in a deal that saw former Bomber Wyatt Cook, go the other way. Han finished the 2022-2023 campaign with 7 goals and 7 assists in 40 regular season games with Tisdale. Han brings a combination of speed and skill to the Bombers prospect pool and was selected in the 2022 WHL Draft by the Kelowna Rockets.
Round 5, 49th Overall – Brennan Brown, F, Moose Jaw Warriors U18 AAA
- Brown, an ’07-born Milestone, Saskatchewan product was a third-round draft choice for the Swift Current Broncos in 2022. The 6-foot-3, 175-pound forward recorded 2 goals and 4 assists in his first season with the Moose Jaw Warriors U18 AAA program. Brown is a teammate of current goalie prospect, Ryan Bain.
Round 5, 58th Overall – Logan Edmonstone, G, Saskatoon Contacts U18 AAA
- The Bombers would use their final selection in the ’07 born draft on goaltender Logan Edmonstone. Edmonstone is a signed prospect for the WHL’s Kamloops Blazers and posted a 2.51 GAA & .915 SV% in 23 appearances this past season. Logan is expected to compete for a spot on Kamloops as early as next season.
Round 1, 5th Overall – Keaton Lesperance, F, Regina Aces U15 AA
- In the first-round of the ’08 born draft, the Bombers would select forward Keaton Lesperance out of Regina, Saskatchewan. This draft pick was acquired from the Weyburn Redwings during last years draft. Lesperance averaged 2 points-per-game with the Regina Aces U15 AA program and was an eighth-round WHL draft pick to the Swift Current Broncos. Keaton will be suiting up with the Moose Jaw Warriors U18 AAA program next season.
Round 1, 10th Overall – Jonah Sivertson, F, Regina Monarchs U15 AA
- With the Bombers second first-round pick of the ’08 born draft, the Bombers would add another forward out of Regina. Jonah Sivertson had a monster season at the U15 AA level, netting 53 goals and 60 assists in 29 regular season games. In just 7 playoff games, Sivertson had another whopping 10 goals and 14 assists. The Monarchs Captain appeared in 4 games with the U18 AAA Regina Pat Canadians and had 3 points. Jonah was selected by the Prince Albert Raiders in the fourth-round of this years WHL Draft.
Round 2, 20th Overall – Kai Bridgeman, D, Regina Aces U15 AA
- The Bombers would wrap up the ’08 born draft by adding another defenceman and Regina product to the prospect pool. The 6-foot-0, 140-pound blueliner chipped in with 7 assists in 26 regular season games this season on the same team as Keaton Lesperance. Kai is the younger brother of Kolten Bridgeman who was drafted by the Bombers a year ago.